Vancouver Building Envelope Rehabilitation Services
As experts in building envelope rehabilitation you can trust that the job will be done right. For over 20 years LDR group has been Vancouver’s choice for envelope remediation and restoration projects for buildings and projects of all sizes.
Our combined experience, expertise and commitment to quality is your assurance that your buildings structure will be restored to a condition that meets or exceeds it’s original design. Your newly restored structure will be stronger and easier to maintain than ever before.
Our goal is to return every damaged component of a structure to a condition that meets or exceeds the highest standards of quality and structural stability to ensure proper functionality. Our remediation work ensures long life spans and easy maintenance for all types of structures.
Building Remediation Project Services
We provide building enclosure rehabilitation services for projects of all sizes and may include the following types of work:
- Replacement of windows/doors
- Re-waterproofing of balconies and decks
- Re-waterproofing of podiums (the roof slab above parking garages)
- Parking garage suspended slab re-waterproofing
- Concrete restoration
Our remediation services typically include:
- Project Manual. We will prepare a Project Manual that will include bidding and contract requirements, specifications, and drawings that describe the rehabilitation work required.
- Tendering to Contractors. We will determine a list of contractors who we feel are suitable for the project, and confirm this list with the client. Following the close of the tender period, we will review the bids and prepare a bid summary letter.
- Field Review and Construction Contract Administration. We will prepare a contract between the Owners and the selected contractor, facilitate the application for a building permit (if required) by submitting the necessary documents to the authority having jurisdiction (including letters of assurance stamped by a Professional Engineer), provide periodic field reviews to verify that the construction is proceeding in general conformance with the contract documents, and administer the construction contract. This includes the preparation of change orders, as required, to the contract, and the review of the contractor’s invoices for general conformance with the work before forwarding the invoices to the client for payment. In addition, we will review shop drawings (e.g. for windows and doors), and conduct in-situ window/door water penetration testing if necessary.
- Project Wrap-up. At project close, we will ensure all warranties are in place and we will conduct a final review of the work. We will also submit final letters of assurance to the authority having jurisdiction so that the building permit can be closed.
A Practical Building Envelope Restoration Approach
We undertake every envelope restoration project with the same high performance design standard approach. We never lose sight of the importance of practical construction processes, implementation and the overall buildabilty of any remediation project.
This commitment to practical remediation keeps our projects on budget and schedule. The results of this approach are high quality repairs that bring back to life the functionality and restore a pristine appearance.
Higher life-spans and lower maintenance costs of our remediation work will benefit your building and management team long-term.
Envelope Remediation For All Building Types
We specialize in building envelope remediation work for all types of structures including:
- High rise towers
- Low rise towers
- Institutional buildings
- Industrial complexes
- Detached residential
Building Remediation Projects:
Images with links to the projects
Envelope Remediation Designed for Vancouver’s Climate
Our work has always been concentrated throughout the Lower mainland region and this is your best assurance that we can handle the challenges that come with some of the most difficult climate and building permitting regions of the world.
All of our work is guaranteed to meet or exceed the standards that we know are required for Vancouver’s high precipitation climate and varied temperatures.
Building Envelope Evaluations
If your structure or building is in need of remediation work you can contact us for a free evaluation and no obligation quote.