BUILDING ENVELOPE NEW CONSTRUCTION
Vancouver Building Envelope New Construction
We provide building enclosure consulting services on new construction projects ranging from single family dwellings to high rise buildings with unitized curtain wall assemblies.
LDR’s envelope design and construction services can be procured to guide you through specific steps during any phase of the envelope design and construction process or we can be your complete partner in handling every step of the entire building envelope design and construction process.
Our basic services focus on the review of the building enclosure with respect to air leakage, thermal efficiency, vapour diffusion, and precipitation.
Pre-Construction Phase (Design Development, Building Permit and Construction Documents)
- Building Enclosure Strategies – We will review the architectural drawings during design development, and meet with the project team to provide conceptual advice on the risks and benefits of various building enclosure strategies. Besides management of air leakage, thermal efficiency, vapour diffusion, and precipitation, we will consider ease of construction, scheduling, suitability of materials, maintenance and renewals, and economy.
- Drawings and Specifications Review – We will review the architectural drawings and specifications (building enclosure specific sections) and provide recommendations to the project team with respect to the building enclosure.
- Regulatory Requirements – We will provide necessary letters of assurance to the authority having jurisdiction to satisfy their requirements with respect to the building enclosure, as appropriate.
- Energy Modelling – We can provide Energy Modelling Services, if required. We will work with mechanical and other consultants toward improving energy performance of your building.
- Shop Drawings, Submittals, RFIs – We will review shop drawings, submittals, and RFIs related to the building enclosure.
- Mock-ups – We will recommend mock-ups of key building enclosure assemblies, and review the mock-ups constructed on site. These mock-ups can typically be constructed as part of the finished assembly.
- Field Review – We will conduct periodic field reviews to help confirm that the construction of the building enclosure components is in general conformance with the Contract Documents. This will include the enclosure assemblies reviewed during the Pre-Construction Stage. We will issue Field Review Reports that will include a description of the work progress, observations, actions required, and scheduling. The Reports will also collate outstanding “action items” that remain unanswered or unresolved, ensuring satisfaction of an “audit trail” of construction issues.
- Regulatory Requirements – We will provide the necessary final letter of assurance to the authority having jurisdiction to satisfy their requirements with respect to the building enclosure, as appropriate.
Vancouver New Building Envelope Construction Projects
For over 13 years, our innovative and evolving approach to the creation of new building envelopes has allowed us to work on many of Vancouver’s most iconic and prestigious structures.
From high rise towers to single detached homes, our modern design principals, material selection and construction practices have resulted in building envelope designs that achieve maximum performance, energy efficiency, indoor thermal comfort, water resistant assemblies, durability and the desired aesthetics and appearance.
New Building Envelope Project Portfolio
Links to portfolio images here