New Construction Building Envelope Consulting
We provide building enclosure consulting services on new construction projects ranging from single family dwellings to high rises with unitized curtain wall assemblies. We analyze every aspect of a building’s performance with respect to air leakage, vapour diffusion, energy consumption and precipitation.
Full Service Building Envelope Solutions
From the initial design phase through to construction completion LDR is with you every step of the way. Our wide range of envelope design services are suited for entire new construction projects. We also offer building envelope consulting and management services on specific elements of any new construction project during any phase of development.
Pre-construction Phase (Design Development, Building Permits and Construction Documents)
- Building Enclosure Strategies – We will review the architectural drawings during design development, and meet with the project team to provide conceptual advice on the risks and benefits of various building enclosure strategies. Besides management of air leakage, vapour diffusion, and precipitation, we will consider ease of construction, scheduling, suitability of materials, maintenance and renewals, and economy.
- Drawings and Specifications Review – We will review the architectural drawings and specifications (building enclosure specific sections) and provide recommendations to the project team with respect to the building enclosure.
- Regulatory Requirements – We will provide necessary letters of assurance to the authority having jurisdiction to satisfy their requirements with respect to the building enclosure, as appropriate.
- Energy Modelling – We can provide Energy Modelling Services, if required. We will work with mechanical and other consultants toward improving energy performance of your building.
- Shop Drawings, Submittals, RFIs – We will review shop drawings, submittals, and RFIs related to the building enclosure.
- Mock-ups – We will recommend mock-ups of key building enclosure assemblies, and review the mock-ups constructed on site. These mock-ups can typically be constructed as part of the finished assembly.
- Field Review – We will conduct periodic field review to help confirm that the construction of the building enclosure components is in general conformance with the Contract Documents. This will include the enclosure assemblies reviewed during the Pre-Construction Stage. We will issue Field Review Reports that will include a description of the work progress, observations, actions required, and scheduling. The Reports will also collate outstanding “action items” that remain unanswered or unresolved, ensuring satisfaction of an “audit trail” of construction issues.
- Regulatory Requirements – We will provide the necessary final letter of assurance to the authority having jurisdiction to satisfy their requirements with respect to the building enclosure, as appropriate.
Vancouver New Construction Building Envelope Design
For over 20 years LDR’s team of building envelope professionals have worked with architects, engineers, developers and contractors to create building enclosures for many of Vancouver’s most iconic buildings. Every building envelope’s design takes into consideration Vancouver’s unique geography and climate to ensure that every structure meets or exceeds its performance requirements.
Low Rise Residential Building Envelopes
For over 15 years we have worked on residential construction projects of all sizes. From single family homes, town houses, and multiplexes we have the experience and expertise to design, manage, investigate and repair all types of residential construction and building types.